Help and guidance in creating a brand new drug-free way of life are crucial components of rehabilitation and recovery.
At Crawford County Drug & Alcohol Executive Commission, Inc., a Certified Recovery Specialist works closely with the Case Management staff to assist you throughout the recovery process. As a person who has traveled a similar path, a Certified Recovery Specialist fosters hope for recovery and role models that reality to the peers they serve.
Because of their life experience, a Certified Recovery Specialist has an understanding about addiction and recovery that professional education cannot replicate. A Certified Recovery Specialist in not a sponsor, counselor, priest or pastor. They are everyday people living in recovery and have made it their life’s work to help those recovering from addiction find a path to wellness.
A Certified Recovery Specialist will –
- Provide Outreach for those in recovery, offering guidance in the recovery process
- Educate about recovery and what living in recovery means
- Offer help with developing a Personal Recovery Plan
- Give support during and after treatment
- Use recovery-oriented tools to help you address challenges
- Introduce clients to other people in our community in recovery, individually and through Recovery Support groups
- Motivate, mentor and guide you through the recovery process
The only requirement needed to make an appointment with our Certified Recovery Specialist is to be at least 18 years of age and a resident of Crawford County.
Crawford County Drug & Alcohol Executive Commission, Inc.
920 Water Street, Downtown Mall
Meadville, PA 16335